Sunday, December 20, 2009

Wii Fit; Not Just a Video Game!


I just recently started the Wii Fit, and I happen to think that it's the smartest thing ever invented. I know I'm a little late in the game [no pun intended], but I love it, and I'm going to tell you about it.

Not only is it a video game that helps you lose weight [whoda thunk?] It also helps keep you on track and gives you tips on how keep healthy overall. They focus a lot on your posture, which is something a lot of people don't focus on. Your spinal alignment can really affect your health. I've heard of people who's cancer was cured by realignment of their spine. Of course, you don't have cancer, and the Wii Fit is no chiropractor, but it brings awareness to how you stand and where your alignment is.

The exercises are very low impact and really adorable. You make a Mii to look like you and watch them hula hoop and ski etc. And all the other Miis on your Wii throw you hoops and soccer balls. I think its funny when my Dad's Mii is my soccer coach on the soccer exercise because he was my soccer coach when I was younger. I'm using it more as a small daily exercise to keep nimble and healthy. If you want to shed pounds, please don't count on Wii Fit.

I love that a video game can tell you that you're unhealthy. My Wii tells me that I am 38 years old and underweight. Well thank you Wii! But the Wii Fit keeps you on track. You can set goals, and it will tell you if you're close and give you encouragement. It will also tell you what you need to work on. For example, mine tells me that I need to work on my right side in the yoga exercises since I'm stiff and shaky in my balance.

One of the coolest things that I like is that you can add in other exercises that you do and they will calculate that into your weekly workout report. Smart huh?

It's like a personal trainer right there on your TV, helping you target your problem areas, and letting you have a little fun at the same time. It's pretty much the coolest thing I've ever done, and I plan on using it every morning before I start my day.

No comments:

Post a Comment