Friday, December 18, 2009

So Far In Japan... Soba and Holiday Cookie Decorating

Extreeeeeeemly tired yet content with thick noodles.

Things have been very relaxed in Japan so far. Without a bike, ID card, license, energy, or time, I haven't gone on any adventures yet. But of course, I have all the time in the world. This is what I have done so far.

Ate Soba

I wasn't really hungry when I got into Tokyo during my day long trip to Japan. I was more tired and stressed and anxious. But I NEEDED to have some real Japanese food. And maybe Airport soba [thicker noodled ramen] isn't the most authentic, but its more bona fide than Maruchan ramen packets, so I was happy. Happy enough to take pictures.


At the little food kiosk I bought this at, there was a table that you stand at to eat. There were some Japanese business men standing there slurping their soba, so I joined them. It was a welcoming experience. And the best thing I've tasted in a long time.

Decorated Cookies

Last night, my mom and I stayed up late and decorated cookies for the soldiers in her battalion for Christmas. It felt very Christmas-y. Of course, we have no decorating experience, and fooled around with the decorations and colors, but they came out very cute in a homely way.

The ginger bread men at the top right corner are camouflage colored [totally by accident] and Mom did the little Santa ones.

No comments:

Post a Comment