Saturday, December 19, 2009

Japanese Food; Jusco market and Mister Donut

This morning, my Mom and I took the dogs to get their monthly baths and haircuts. It's just too cute that they go to a doggy salon. Jusco, which is something like the Japanese Mall [WAY better than American mall] is right across the street, so we took a little afternoon trip there for coffee and donuts at Mister Donut.

French Crueller, Sugar Donut, and Sesame Topped Donut

Mister Donut is an amazing little donut shop with the best coffee and donuts you've ever tasted. I'm not a coffee snob, but I've never tasted better coffee. And the donuts are incomparable. I don't know what they're made of, but they're NOT made of the crap Americans make their donuts with. They're light and fluffy, and virtually guilt free. I had a donut and a half and didn't feel like a fatty like I would if I had Dunkins.

We took a little walk around the Jusco food market to see what they had. I would've bought it all if I had yen. Thank god I didn't, because then I'd have no money.

Squid Tempura

Bean paste filled rolls, shaped like monkeys.

Vegetable Tempura Patties!

Egg, Asparagus and Ham in a bread roll. Probably with Japanese Mayo! These are delicious!

I'm pretty sure this is a specifically Okinawan thing. They're fried squid balls. They mix it with a dough mix, and roll it around on this ball form hot plate.

Various assortments of hot lunch food!

Bento boxes! The most delicious quick lunch!
Sushi bentos. The top shelf has rice balls with fillings and comes with seaweed that you have to wrap yourself. It's kind of difficult, but delicious whether you know how to wrap it or not.

No comments:

Post a Comment