Wednesday, June 24, 2009

SET

I am currently really into this game Set. It's like my Solitaire. Whenever someone is on the phone, Set is the first thing I go to to cure my visual boredom. I was first introduced to it last year by some Knowledge Bowl friends. Knowledge Bowl is a game like Jeopardy played by high school kids all over Northern Michigan. A girl showed me the game, and it took me a while to learn, and I only played it for about a week, but I couldn't wait until I could get out there on the lunch table and try my hand.

Here's all there is to it:

You have to find sets. All the cards are unique and it comes in these categories
1.) Shape [Circle, Diamond, Squiggle]
2.) Color [Red, Purple, Green]
3.) Number [One, Two, Three]
4.) Shading [Hollow, Striped, Bold]

You have to try to make sets of three out of the cards given to you. They either have to all be the same, or they have to all be different. For example, you can have a set of purple striped diamonds, but they all have to be purple, striped, and diamonds. And you have to have 1 diamond, 2 diamonds, and 3 diamonds on different cards.
Or, you can have something different. You can have three cards with three circles on them. But they either have to be all bold/hollow/striped and of different colors, or you can have one of each kind of shading and color.

There are a bunch of different combinations, and all the cards are unique, so you have to keep your eye out. There are much better rules on the site I've provided above, AND it has this cool little hint button! I looked everywhere for that because it's kind of hard to play the game without it, you'll give up really easily, and that's no fun either!

No comments:

Post a Comment