Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Tales of an Affair with a Food Processor

The weather in Okinawa has been horrible. I know that most of my readers have no sympathy because they're either in Buffalo or Northern Michigan, but 50 degrees is still cold. I don't care if it's snowing where you're at, I still can't go outside.

Cooped up inside once again, I decided to do something I've been aching to do for ages...

Use a food processor.

I've been aching to feel the purr of the the processor beneath my fingers that demand it to chop. I've been begging to taste the creamy dips that would come from our love.

Searching my parent's house, I found it. Covered in dust and hiding on a dark shelf, it was wanting to be used as badly as I wanted to use it. It needed love and I needed a food processor. I lovingly recovered it from its spot and placed it on the counter.

"You look beautiful in this light" I told it. It didn't reply, so I continued to romance it. "You and I are going to do beautiful things. I've been wanting to do this for so long..."

And for 30 awkward minutes, I fooled around with the food processor. As expected for your first time....... using a food processor that is, I had a hard time figuring out where things went and things were spontaneously erupting.

But it was joyous, and the result was even more joyous.

"I would love to do this again food processor. That is, if you would like to do this again with me..."

I made edamammus--hummus made with edamame. I highly recommend it. Click for the recipe.

No comments:

Post a Comment